The Reading Buddies program for children
Check out this video created about the BoulderReads! Reading Buddies program at Columbine Elementary School (conducted in partnership with the Boulder Valley Family Literacy Program). The video was created by a group of CU students in Petger Schaberg's Program for Writing and Rhetoric at CU Boulder.
- Is free
- Serves little buddies in Kindergarten-5th Grade
- Matches CU students one-on-one with little buddies for reading, writing and literacy activities
- Meets 1.5 hours per week for 13 weeks, fall and spring semesters;
- Has sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:30-6 p.m.
- Meets at the Main Boulder Public Library Main Branch (1101 Arapahoe Avenue)
- Increases children's interest in books and reading;
- Is fun!
Find out how to enroll a Reading Buddy.
Reading Buddies is made possible by:
- A grant from the Boulder Public Library Foundation
- In-kind support from the University of Colorado
- In-kind support provided by big buddy volunteers from CU's Farrand Academic Program and Linguistics 1000